Our Business Restructuring and Insolvency division in Brisbane have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven Senior Insolvency Accountant to join their team.
Successful candidates will receive a $5k bonus.
As a Senior insolvency accountant, you will assist a broad range of clients and report directly to the Partners. Some of your duties will include:
- Identify engagement risks and, in that environment, determine the appropriate strategy for each assignment in conjunction with the partner or manager. The strategy proposed should consider the nature of the organisation being worked on.
- Plan out assignments by use of the firms control forms, checklist and quality control procedures.
- Complete investigations into an insolvent entity’s finances, including the analysis of financial statements and accounting records.
- Prepare reports to external stakeholders.
- Attending to stakeholder enquires over the telephone and in writing, preparing written responses as required.
- Ability to run VA’s with assistance from manager and appointee.
- Ability to meet budgets on all types of appointments.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant insolvency experience, ideally 2 – 5 years’ experience.
- Strong investigation skills and a record in successful recovery of voidable transactions.
- Experience of the Bankruptcy Act (1966).
- Solid understanding of the Corporations Act and any other relevant Legislation.
- CPA/ CA Qualified or Part-Qualified.
- A Bachelor of Business degree or similar.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Responsible, proactive with a “can do” attitude.
- Willingness to monitor/mentor junior staff.
- Computer literate: (Insol6, Excel, Word, Outlook, and MYOB).
Preferred but not essential:
- Experience of Australian personal insolvency legislation.
- Willingness to undertake further studies e.g. ARITA qualifications.
What We Offer
- Located in the heart of the CBD
- CPA/CA/ARITA study support.
- Regular and ongoing training/support.
- Mentoring from partners/senior staff.
- Exposure to a wide range of work (corporate, personal, informal/advisory).
- Flexible dynamic environment.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Annual remuneration review.
Our working environment is relaxed with a flexible approach and Hall Chadwick has a great reputation for professional delivery. Most of our Partners have been promoted internally making this position excellent for a career minded person seeking progression and opportunities to work at a senior level.
If you are interested in the position and can demonstrate the right skills and experience please apply today.