An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and driven Senior Insolvency Accountant at Hall Chadwick Business Recovery & Insolvency division in our Adelaide office.
For Hall Chadwick, creating a robust workplace culture is an ongoing commitment that is reflected in our workplace policies. We foster a leadership mindset around our core values of trust, development, and diversity. We are currently looking for people to join our Adelaide team.
Successful candidates will receive a $5,000 bonus.
About the Role:
- Prepare routine correspondence to a variety of stakeholders;
- Deal with stakeholder enquiries over the telephone and in writing, preparing written responses as required;
- Assist colleagues as required regarding the administration of formal insolvency matters, including the preparation of statutory reports and compliance lodgements;
- Be aware of, and comply with, statutory deadlines in relation to your allocated tasks;
- Develop a basic understanding of the assignment’s business and the commercial environment in which it operates;
- Prepare transaction vouchers and journal entries through specialist insolvency accounting software;
- Assist with investigations into an insolvent entity’s finances, including the analysis of financial statements, accounting and business records;
- Assist with the development of solutions tailored to the insolvent entity with a view to achieving an optimal outcome for stakeholders;
- Demonstrate a high standard of professional courtesy and respect to all other members of staff;
- Demonstrate a high standard of professional appearance and approach in dealing with clients.
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant insolvency experience – ideally 3 – 5 years’ experience
- A Bachelor of Business degree or similar
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail with high degree of accuracy
- Responsible, proactive with a “can do” attitude
- Willingness to monitor/mentor junior staff
- Computer literate: (Excel, Word, Outlook, and MYOB)
- Strong investigation skills and a record in successful recovery of voidable transactions
- Experience of Australian legislation applicable to insolvency
- CA Qualified or Part-Qualified
- Experience of Australian personal insolvency legislation
- Willingness to undertake further studies e.g. ARITA qualifications
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Annual remuneration review
- Be part of a vibrant and friendly team
- Make this role your own
- Encourage creative thinking and innovation
- Learning and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program to ensure the ongoing mental health and wellbeing
- Exposure to a wide range of work
- Flexible dynamic environment with a Hybrid Working Policy
- Career progression opportunities
Hall Chadwick is a mid-tier-chartered accounting firm providing professional services in the areas of Audit, Business Advisory, Insolvency, Forensic Accounting and Tax. Hall Chadwick aspires to be the advisory firm of First Choice. We seek out niche specialisations to promote our reputation for being the best of the best in these areas.
Throughout Hall Chadwick Australia, we are represented in the main capital cities with a national team of over 400 professionals. With global associations we provide real opportunities for our people to gain international experience through participation in our international staff exchange programs.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume including a brief cover letter.
The role is for an immediate start.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.