An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and driven Senior Insolvency Accountant at Hall Chadwick Business Recovery & Insolvency division in our Melbourne office.
For Hall Chadwick, creating a robust workplace culture is an ongoing commitment that is reflected in our workplace policies. We foster a leadership mindset around our core values of trust, development, and diversity. We are currently looking for people to join our Melbourne team.
Successful candidates will receive a $5k bonus.
- Complete investigations into an insolvent entity’s finances, including the analysis of financial statements and accounting records
- Prepare reports to external stakeholders
- Attending to stakeholder enquires over the telephone and in writing, preparing written responses as required
- Demonstrate a high standard of professional courtesy and respect to all other members of staff
- Demonstrate a high standard of professional appearance and approach in dealing with clients
- Mentoring and training of more junior members of staff
Skills and Experience
- Relevant insolvency experience – ideally 3 – 5 years’ experience
- A Bachelor of Business degree or similar
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail with high degree of accuracy
- Responsible, proactive with a “can do” attitude
- Willingness to monitor/mentor junior staff
- Computer literate: (Excel, Word, Outlook, and MYOB)
- Strong investigation skills and a record in successful recovery of voidable transactions
- Experience of Australian legislation applicable to insolvency
- CA Qualified or Part-Qualified
- Experience of Australian personal insolvency legislation
- Willingness to undertake further studies e.g. ARITA qualifications
What we Offer
- CA/ARITA study support
- Regular and ongoing training/support
- Mentoring from partners/senior staff
- Exposure to a wide range of work (corporate, personal, informal/advisory)
- Flexible dynamic environment
- Career progression opportunities
- Bi-annual remuneration review
Our working environment is relaxed with a flexible approach. We have a great reputation for our professional delivery. The majority of our Partners have been promoted internally so this position is excellent for a career minded person seeking a long-term career with progression and opportunities to work at a more senior level.
The role is for an immediate start.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.