Andrew Cawdry is a Chartered Accountant with over 21 years’ of specialised experience in finance and accounting. Andrew joined Hall Chadwick from a large forensic and accounting consulting firm in South Africa, where he was the head of the firm’s Cape Town operations.
Andrew was the lead accountant on numerous litigation support and forensic accounting investigations, including matters pertaining to fraud detection, fraud prevention, tracing of fraudulent transfers and the recovery of misappropriated assets. Andrew provided consulting services to a diverse client base in both the public and private sectors across numerous industries, often working on high profile matters with significant public interest.
Andrew started his professional career with Grant Thornton, working in both their New York and Johannesburg practices. Seven years of that experience was in the role of audit partner. As a former registered auditor, he was responsible for leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams for both listed and privately owned businesses with international and transnational operations.
“My clients regularly find that my past experience as an external audit partner is invaluable to the forensic investigation process. We provide practical solutions to challenges faced by management and help executives navigate the accounting complexities and potential risks facing their business. Timely communication with stakeholders allows the executive team to focus their attention where it is needed most.”
Andrew has provided specialised accounting services within the manufacturing, wholesale and retail, consulting engineering, construction, property, information technology, finance and insurance sectors. Clients also included not-for-profit organisations, state owned entities and public-private partnerships based in South Africa.
- Bachelor of Commerce Honours (Accounting), University of Johannesburg, 1999
- Member of South African Institute of Chartered Accountants, 2003
- Affiliated member of Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, 2015
- Affiliated member of Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand, 2021
- Affiliated member of Global Accounting Alliance, 2021
Industry & Service Specialisations
- Litigation support services
- Preparing for and appearing as an expert witness
- Performing insolvency and liquidation reviews
- Investigating the areas of financial statement fraud
- Financial statement analysis and reconstruction
- Dispute resolution and calculation of damages
- Auditing flow of funds and investigating procurement fraud
- Identifying failures/weaknesses within internal control environments
- Conducting business valuation engagements (in relation to dispute resolutions)