In response to the recent weather events in Northern NSW, the NSW & Commonwealth Governments have announced a series of support programs and initiatives to assist the Northern Rivers region.
Latest State and Commonwealth Government Assistance
The Federal and NSW Governments have agreed on a further recovery package for people and communities affected by the recent flooding disasters. Nearly $3 billion has been committed by the Commonwealth and NSW Governments to support recovery efforts.
This package includes:
- $312.5 million for a Stage 1 Regional Roads and Transport Recovery Package to rebuild the road networks, particularly in the Northern Rivers;
- $168 million for the NSW Land and Housing Corporation to deliver urgent social housing including the replacement of social housing lost during the floods;
- $120 million for Aboriginal housing including repair and reconstruction of Aboriginal community infrastructure;
- $100 million for the repair and reconstruction of infrastructure such as libraries, playing fields, playgrounds and parks;
- $64 million for urgent repair and restoration of key wetlands and riverbank sites; and
- $36 million for urgent works required to assess and repair flood levees across Northern NSW
The NSW Government has implemented a range of financial assistance to flood affected businesses and individuals. You can check your eligibility, through the Service NSW Floods Portal
The following assistance is available for those impacted by the floods.
- A Disaster Relief Grant – to assist low income earners faced with disaster hardship who have suffered damage to the structure or contents of their home. $1,000 per eligible adult and $400 per eligible child if your home has been severely damaged or destroyed, or you’ve been seriously injured.
- Disaster Recovery Allowance – short-term income assistance (up to 13 weeks) if you’ve lost income as a direct result of the floods.
- Personal and financial counselling.
- Assistance finding temporary housing for those who have been forced from their homes.
Small business, primary production and not-for-profit organisation support
- Small business recovery grants up to $50,000 for businesses that have suffered direct damage.
- Primary producer recovery grants up to $75,000 for producers that have suffered direct damage.
- Small business and primary producers concessional loans of up to $130,000.
- Concessional interest rate loans for not-for-profits.
- Freight subsidies of up to 50 percent for primary producers.
If you are a business struggling with determining a path forward please contact us for a no obligation consultation; Blair Pleash on +61 2 9263 2663 or email@example.com or Mark Napper firstname.lastname@example.org